People with autism can make their own choices, but they need guidance if they don’t know what to do. They can attend community college, take online courses, enter on-the-job training programs, or attend universities with autism programs.
- University of Connecticut Strategic Education for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (SEAD)
- Western Kentucky-Kelly Autism Program
- Marshall University College Program for Students with Asperger’s Syndrome
- MoSAIC program at University of Tennessee Chattanooga
- Rutgers University College Support Program
If a school doesn’t have a specific program for students with autism, it doesn’t mean the school is not equipped to educate and care for students with an autism spectrum disorder.
Studies on life after high school: